Monday, December 12, 2011

AS THE CHRISTMAS SEASON IS UPON US

Ann Lander's Parents Prayer Pastor Eugene Harder * October 23, 1994
O God, make me a better parent.
Help me to understand my children,
To listen patiently to what they have to say and to respond to their questions kindly.
Keep me from interrupting and contradicting them. Make me as courteous to them as I would have them be to me.
Give me the courage to confess my sins against my children and ask them for forgiveness when I know I have done wrong.
May I not vainly hurt the feelings of my children. Forbid that I should laugh at their mistakes, or resort to shame or ridicule as punishment.
Reduce the meanness in me.
May I cease to nag; and when I am out of sorts, help me O Lord to hold my tongue.
Blind me to the little errors of my children and help me to see the good things they do.
Give me a ready word for honest praise.
Help me not to expect from my children the judgment of adults.
May I not rob them of the opportunity to wait upon themselves.
Forbid that I should ever punish them for my selfish satisfaction.
May I grant them their reasonable wishes and have the courage to withhold a privilege which I know will do them harm.
Make me fair and just
Considerate and companionable, so they will have a genuine esteem for me.
Fit me to be loved and imitated by my children.
O God, please give me poise and self-control so that I may model your loving Fatherhood to my children. Amen. - Ann Landers http://newhopeforliving.com/old/digest96.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment