Thursday, January 1, 2015

Derek Prince Quote from the series, "Why Do These Things Happen To God's People?

Derek Prince Quote from the series, "Why Do These Things Happen To God's People?" So I’m going to talk to two kinds of people. Number one, those of you that really are afraid of losing your independence. You may not have much, life may be a struggle but at least you make your own decisions. They may be wrong decisions but they’re your decisions. Are you really prepared to let God into the decision making process? Are you willing to let God . . . Are you willing to be like that girl in the pastor’s office, are you willing to put your hand right up and say, “I surrender. I lay down my independence. I don’t know what you’re going to ask of me but I’m prepared to accept it in faith. I trust you.” Then the other kind of people, and you may be one and the same, are people who’ve reached the point of desperation. You’re here this morning and you have no answers. You’re facing situations and you just cannot handle it. There seems to be no way whatever that you can resolve it. What about letting God in? What about giving Him a chance? What does He ask of you? He asks of you what He asked of the Israelites at the Red Sea, “Cry out.” Call upon Him. Say, “Help!” Sometimes we’re too respectable to pray a cry of desperation. But you read the psalms; they’re full of cries of desperation. No one uttered them more often than David, that great warrior, that man of God. Time and time again he said in effect, “God, if you don’t help me I’m finished. I have no other help. God, come to my help.” So I want two kinds of people. If you want, you don’t have to. Those of you who say, “Well, Brother Prince, I never really laid down my independence. I’ve been religious, I’ve tried to do good, but I’ve always been in control of my own life. I’ve never let Jesus come in and make the decisions.” And then there are those, you’re here this morning and you’re desperate, and you know you’re desperate. I want to offer help to both of you. So now if you need help this morning just come and make it known. Come to these people here at the front, walk right out of your place wherever you are. If you’re in two categories: you want to lay down your independence, “God, I’ve tried long enough. I realize it doesn’t work.”; and the other category is those who are desperate. Now I’m going to pray for all of you and then I want you to make a move. Don’t sit there and wish you could do something, do it. Lord Jesus, we thank you that you’re so available this morning, you’re so close to us. You really want to help us. You are trustworthy, we can trust you. Lord, I pray for those who need your help, those who need to lay down their independence and those who need to cry out to you in a desperate situation that you will release them to come to you in faith this morning. Let everything that would hinder them be bound, every alien force, all pride, all fear, let them be bound and let the people that you want to come be released right now in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment