Thursday, September 5, 2013

FATHER IS THIS THE PLACE FOR US?MAKE A WAY

STRONG POSSIBALITY THIS IS WHERE HE IS LEADING US__IF IT IS HIS WILL ALL WILL FALL RIGHT INTO PLACE!! City-Data.com Forum Go Back City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary Reload this Page The Good & Bad of Fuquay-Varina (Raleigh, Cary: appointed, house, neighborhood) User Name Remember Me Password [Register] Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads. $5,000 in prizes will be awarded to most engaging registered forum members in our contest! This time there will be 10 winners! ($500 each)close Jump to a detailed profile or search site with Google Custom Search Find It Search Forums (Advanced) Search Forum Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses Search for: near: Find It Reply Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Unread 06-14-2010, 07:52 PM puppylove12 puppylove12 started this thread 47 posts, read 72,328 times Reputation: 26 Default The Good & Bad of Fuquay-Varina Hi everyone! We came down to visit about a month ago and we really liked the area. We liked Cary, Apex and Holly Springs, but we LOVED Fuquay-Varina. Still, we were only down for a few days and weren't able to really scour the area and see everything that is to be see there. So I thought I'd ask all the helpful people here for some advice. Obviously I know that FV is a little farther out, and that the housing prices can be a little bit cheaper. But other than that- what's the good and the bad? Please tell me what you love and what you dislike about FV! Thanks! Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 05:50 AM SVTLightning Location: Fuquay Varina 1,492 posts, read 2,126,985 times Reputation: 1543 My wife and I are from small towns in Ky, we love it here in Fuquay! It is a small town but most things are close by. You still have to drive farther for some restaraunts or shopping but when you are from a small town you are used to that anyway. I guess my biggest complaint is my commute. i only say that because I like a 5-10 minute drive instead of a 35 minute drive, but thats really not a big deal in the big scheme of life. We love our house, and love the price of it lol Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 06:33 AM rabbitsong Location: Wake County, NC 401 posts, read 302,529 times Reputation: 324 We've lived in the FV area for 21 years. When we first moved here (from Apex), there wasn't a lot here! It has really grown. Good: small town feel, more shopping and restaurants have popped up recently, (I love Kohl's!) far enough away that people just don't drop by. Bad: longer commutes (but still not bad), Broad Street through Varina (not fun at rush hour or lunch time), far enough away that people don't come visit I love it out here! Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 07:01 AM FVmommy Location: Fuquay Varina, NC 373 posts, read 592,437 times Reputation: 176 I lived in the area 15 years ago, moved way, and when we decided to move back a few years ago, I was shocked that I was willing to consider Fuquay; even more shocked that I ended up here. We like it. I sometimes miss being closer to more shopping (Target and Trader Joe's!), but really they're less than 20 minutes from my house (depending on where you are in Fuquay they could be 35+ minutes - I'm on the northern edge of town). I love the friendliness of my neighborhood. We looked in Cary, Apex and Holly Springs and knew as soon as we drove into our neighborhood in Fuquay that it was where we would end up. The commute for my husband is the worst part; he recently changed jobs, adding another 15-20 minutes to his 30-35 minute commute, and we're considering a move for quality of family life, but love our house, neighborhood and school and aren't sure we're going to uproot at this point. Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM BPmode Location: North Carolina 61 posts, read 102,969 times Reputation: 36 I moved to Fuquay over 2 years ago from the New York area. I love it here. I hear people say things like "Fuquay is too far out", but I disagree. If your working in RTP, it can be only 10 minutes further than Apex or Holly Springs, depending on what part of Fuquay you decide to live in. There's no Target, movie theater or mall, so you'll have to go to Apex, Cary, or Garner for that. But, any of those are less than a 20 minute drive from Fuquay. I work in downtown Raleigh, and I think my commute is pretty easy (20 minutes without traffic, 30 minutes with traffic). I had considered homes in Holly Springs, but determined my commute from Fuquay to Raleigh would have been easier and more direct. If I have to choose something I dislike about Fuquay, it would be the Walmart. For some reason, I don't like shopping there. I'll usually go to the one in Holly Springs if I need something from there. You really can't lose with any of the towns you're considering, but for me and my family, Fuquay was the best choice. Good luck with your decision making. Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 04:09 PM SVTLightning Location: Fuquay Varina 1,492 posts, read 2,126,985 times Reputation: 1543 Quote: Originally Posted by BPmode View Post If I have to choose something I dislike about Fuquay, it would be the Walmart. For some reason, I don't like shopping there. I'll usually go to the one in Holly Springs if I need something from there. Thats so true! The one is Holly Springs in so much nicer and only a few more minutes drive for us. They are a bit higher priced than the store in Fuquay though. We have compared some items and while maybe not everything is higher priced, some of the bigger ticket items we looked at were. Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM pegotty 1,765 posts, read 1,372,506 times Reputation: 1427 We lived in Fuquay from 2000-2006. I did like the small-town feel of Fuquay. The people were friendly and the downtown area was nice. There is a community center where they offer all kinds of classes from dance to knitting and art. I did dislike the distance to a Target and other shopping. When we lived there, there was a rumor circulating that Target was opening a store in Fuquay, but it never materialized. I also didn't like the distance to hospitals. It was about 30 minutes for us. Fuquay is definitely pretty. And has more opportunities for finding larger lots with housing. I'm not a fan of the postage stamp. I like the downtown areas with the neat shopping available there. And the traffic on Broad street is a bear during rush hour, but there are plenty of back roads to avoid it if you want to. Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-15-2010, 08:52 PM MacaroniDuck 49 posts, read 75,157 times Reputation: 24 As others have mentioned, the distance to some businesses/services is the one "major" drawback to Fuquay. There has been some definite improvement recently, but we could still use a few more non-chain, non fast-food restaurants. This is all likely to change over the next ten years as (hopefully) the economy improves and plans like the supposed Target come back into play either here or in Holly Springs. Eventually the plan is for 540 to be just a few miles north of Fuquay and growth has the potential to continue to be explosive and greatly change things. We used to live in Cary and, while we weren't thoroughly disappointed with things there, we do hope growth in Fuquay will be handled differently. If they can manage to finish the Judd Parkway, that should go a long way toward reducing the traffic jams on Broad Street. Interestingly, we've had the same thoughts about the Wal-Mart here vs. the one in HS. Obviously a big part of it is that the HS is much newer. As for the good, we would mostly echo what has already been said about the small town feel, friendliness of the people and convenience of many businesses and services. Anything that is here is all within a 5 minute drive. Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM klaviary 10 posts, read 20,824 times Reputation: 11 I have lived in Wake County for over 20 years. First in Raleigh, where I went to college, then to Apex in the early 90s and then we settled in Fuquay Varina. I'm originally from NYC and I look at it this way: Holly Springs: Used to be a charming town way back when. Now its a sleepy bedroom community with no downtown area and no good place to eat. My inlaws have lived there for 50 years. It was better 20 years ago then it is right now. At least then, it had some charm. Apex: Nice town, my husband works there. Good management there and not quite as restrictive as Cary. Still a nice country feel. I really like Apex but the housing prices are a little ridiculous for my taste. Great places to eat and good community. Fuquay-Varina: Not as big as Apex (it was once alot bigger than Apex) but it still has a wonderful small town feel with a rich history. I picked Fuquay because its affordable, more rural and more suited to my casual style. I'm an accountant in downtown and the commute is easy and not full of nasty traffic. I love my Aldi's but I wish we could convince more people to come to the Farmers Market. Maybe it could get bigger if more people came. I'd love to get fresh produce there. Fuquay or Apex. Take your pic. No offense to the HS crowd but your Town Commissions are really screwing up your town. You make it very hard for businesses to come in there and I've heard horror stories about the police department. Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Unread 06-16-2010, 10:38 AM bencamm 35 posts, read 64,699 times Reputation: 16 Don't forget, whenever New Hill Place comes, Target will be closer! Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $53,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned. Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com. Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-cary/1005048-good-bad-fuquay-varina-raleigh-cary.html#ixzz2e0NcO2Vw

No comments:

Post a Comment