Tuesday, July 23, 2013

THE STRANGER copyright (c) 2000

The Stranger Into your church I came today, I had some words I had to say. My clothes were clean but torn and tattered, I had a message that was all that mattered. You seated me in the very last row, You're a stranger, you, we don't know. The music played, the people sang, A joyful sound through the church house rang, All of you turned away from me, YOU ARE NOT WELCOM HERE. YOU'RE A STRANGER YOU SEE. I'd traveled many miles to say my peace, I prayed those against me soon would cease. I held my head high, my shoulders set tall, I had a mission; I had answered the call. With strong voice I rose to share words that day, But my words were met with hatred that day. "Leave old man you have nothing to say" I was shoved to the door quite roughly, As the members mocked me quite gruffly. "You cause trouble, that's all you will do, Get out of town, we want no part of you." I'll go on my way, the Father sees, This judgment you gave will bring you to your knees. Slowly I turned, a tear in my eye, Father this is your servant Paul They cast me aside as they did you, I gladly did what you told me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment